FISHING ON KHAO SOK LAKE
CHEOW LAN LAKE IS ONE OF THE PREMIER FRESHWATER FISHING DESTINATIONS IN THAILAND, AND FOR A VERY GOOD REASON!
Fishing on Khao Sok Lake features remote lakeside jungle camps, gorgeous surroundings and exotic wildlife. It’s a great place to cast your line and enjoy life! On top of that, there’s Barb, Carp, Perch, Catfish, Masheer, and Snakehead for the catching. You’ll be at the more quiet and relaxing back corners of the west lake.
Thai fishing tours are designed to help you to get in touch with nature while engaging in a long-standing tradition for local guides and rangers. The nice part about going fishing on khao sok lake is that the best times (early morning and late afternoon) are also the optimal times for seeing animals on land as well.
Depending on your schedule and preferences, you’ll be able to do some lure fishing, fly fishing, or a little bit of both. For the longer trips, you can decide which type of fishing you will do on which days. If these tours aren’t quite what you’re looking for, let us know and we’re happy to customize them!
Although the dry season (December – April) is best for fly fishing, spin fishing can be good fun any time of year! Please keep in mind that these tours do not include fishing equipment, and the rental gear at the pier is not of good quality. It’s recommended that you bring your own gear for both spin and fly fishing and your own lures. With the our local experts, we’ll be happy to advise you what the best gear is for Fishing on Khao Sok Lake, once you’ve booked with us.
3 Day / 2 Night – Tour Details
DAY 1 – Tour Details
- Check in, store luggage in the office
- Continue to the pier, where you’ll buy your park ticket and board your longtail boat with your guide
- Stop by Gui Lin for some photos and a swim
- Arrive at Klong Yee Lakeside bungalows for lunch
- Take some time to get settled in and enjoy the remote beauty of the jungle camp
- Head out by longtail boat in the late afternoon to go fishing with your guide and your boatman
- Dinner back at the Klong Yee jungle camp
DAY 2 – Tour Details
- Enjoy some coffee and toast before making your way out on the lake for fishing during the early morning hours
- Return to the raft house for breakfast
- You’ll be able to relax between your morning and afternoon fishing sessions, or go for a half-day hike (optional)
- Lunch at your bungalow
- Hop on your longtail boat to enjoy the afternoon winding down while fishing for the last hours of the day
- Return to Klong Yee for dinner
DAY 3 – Tour Details
Prepare for another early start to enjoy the best hours for fishing on Cheow Lan Lake
Return to your bungalow, check your bags out and enjoy the rest of the morning with some swimming or kayaking
Lunch at the raft house before returning to the pier
4 Day / 3 Night – Tour Details
DAY 1 – Tour Details
Check in to our office where you’ll meet your guide, store any excess luggage and settle your bill
Once you’ve arrived at the pier, you’ll check in to the wildlife sanctuary with your English speaking guide
Stop by Gui Lin scenic area for some photos and a quick swim
Lunch on your way out to the bungalows in Klong Ya Raft House, where you’ll be staying
Short afternoon fishing/scouting trip by longtail boat (optional)
Dinner at the ranger station
FLY FISHING DAY – Tour Details
Wake up early for breakfast and bring your packed lunch on the small fishing boat
Park at one of the smaller rivers that feeds into Klong Saeng, where you’ll spend the day fly fishing as a park ranger leads you along the banks and helps to spot fish. **Please note your guide will speak English, but is not a Fly Fishing Guide.**
Return to the ranger station in time for dinner
SPIN FISHING DAY – Tour Details
Grab a quick breakfast before heading out on your small boat with your local fishing guide to search the waters of Klong Saeng for snakehead and catfish!
Have a pack lunch on the boat, prepared that morning.
Later in the afternoon, go out with your guide again to test the waters and enjoy the most pristine part of the lake
Return to your raft house for dinner
DAY 4 – Tour Details
Check out, pick up with long tail boat
Transfer back to pier, return around lunch time